Sunday 23 December 2018

Summer Learning Week 1, Journey Day Four Activities 1,2,3

For the first task of day four of the summer learning journey was to post five questions to ask Sir Edmund Hilary. Here are my five.

1. How long did it take to master the art of Mountain climbing?

2. Have you ever had any injuries because of mountain Climbing?

3. What was your favourite mountain climbing trip and why?

4. Who has been the most supportive in your mountain climbing journey?

5. When did you find out you loved mountain climbing?

The second task is to say one of your favourite food and how to make it.

One of my favourite dishes is spaghetti bolognese. You make it by boiling spaghetti in hot water. While you are boiling the spaghetti, put some oil in a pan and then add mince. once the mince looks brown add whole peeled canned tomatos in the pan add any spices or herbs you want stir the pan. After a little while have a taste of the mince. if it tastes good serve the pasta onto a plate and put the bolognese on the spaghetti. add some grated cheese to the top while it's still hot and then serve.

The third task is to design my own hotel. I would build my hotel out of class and build it underwater near a healthy coral reef. I would make a pyramid entirely out of triangles. The only thing that won't be a triangle is the tube that goes up to the surface where there will be glass platforms going over the surface of the water. These platforms will allow the people staying at the hotel to go to the mainland and do what they want. People will want to explore the hotel as well so I will have a few extra large pyramids to be gaming rooms, common rooms, and galleries. So that the stayers at the hotel can eat I will have the biggest Pyramid in the centre of it all there will be an all you can eat Buffet. If I were to make a hotel this ambitious description of my hotels would be what I would have designed, and built.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora & Namaste Bethan,
    Activity 1: Scaling New Heights - I really like your questions as I think they were really relevant in order for us to know a bit more about this inspiring man! I specially liked the question 5. When did you find out you loved mountain climbing? I am wondering if was when he did it for the first time and when was that? Also, when and how the decision to climb Mount Everest came about? I found that we can get very inspired by our surroundings, for example, I lived in the South island and there I discovery my passion for hikes. In there, I did quite few adventurous hikes that really challenged me but also brought me a lot of joy and a good sense of strength in my mind and body. What about you, have you tried anything adventurous in nature yet?

    Activity 2: Pancakes and Maple Syrup? I love spaghetti bolognese too, yum! I usually cook it at least once a week in my place. Who does most of the cooking in your house? Do you help with the cooking sometimes? I do most of the cooking at my place because I love cooking! Recently I start to ask my daughter to help a bit more because and despite the fact that she is only 8 years old, I want her to learn how to cook. For the future I want you to consider to add a picture of the dish with the recipe as this would make your post more eye catching and creative. Well done!

    Activity 3: Salt and Pepper - Nice hotel description Bethan! I think your idea here is really beautiful as I would love to stay in hotel like that where I could marvel at the beauty of the underwater and the coral reef as that would be amazing! I am wondering if the fishes would come around and watch us as well. :0) The idea and description of your hotel is great, however, your drawing didn't quite delivery the same punch as you could have done if you added more details and perhaps some labelling to link with your text ideas. Nevertheless, this is a good post!

    Keep up with the great work and be amazing!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.