Sunday 30 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey, Week 2, Day 3, activities 1,2,3

The first task was to tell people viewing my blog whether i'm a 'Night Owl' (someone who llikes the night and isn't particularly a Morning person) or if i'm an early riser. I wake up when my alarm clock rings on the weekdays and get ready for school. I don't let my alarm clock ring on the weekends so I can lie in bed for a little while then i wake up and watch TV.
The second task was to list down ingredients of your favourite food. My favourite food is Lasagna for lasagna you need.
Lasagna noodles
Ground beef
Diced onions
Garlic cloves
Canned tomatoes
Tomato Paste
2/3 Cup of water
Sugar
Parsley
Basil
Fennel Seed
salt
pepper
an egg
Ricotta cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Parmezan Cheese
(Note that i got these ingrediants came from a recipe from this website)
The next task was a maths problem. If an adult can lift 25 kg and a child can lift 15 kg, How many adults and children will it take to lift a 500 kg squid. There are many answers so I decided to go with my own number of kilograms for each group of adults and children to carry. The children got 75 kilograms between them and the adults got 425. Here is a picture of my working out.

1 comment:


  1. Ata mārie Bethan,

    I’m Dani, a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. I normally spend my time in the Kaikohekohe cluster but I have had the chance to check out some amazing posts in the Manaiakalani cluster! I look forwarding to reading and commenting on Manaiakalani learner’s blogs!

    Well done for completing another day of Summer Learning Journey tasks. Are you enjoying the programme so far? On weekdays I like getting up earlier than I need to so I can go for a walk or read before I head off to work. Do you like getting up on weekdays so you have just enough time to do everything you need to or do you like getting up earlier so you have time to do a few things for yourself? Do you think the members of your family are night owls or early risers?

    Yum, lasagna! Is that your favourite food? I think it’s my favourite food in winter. I love coming home and making a massive pan of lasagna for myself and my flatmates. I like to add spinach, mushrooms, carrots and zucchinis into my lasagna because they are delicious but also to make sure I am eating enough vegetables. Do you add any vegetables when you are making it at home? Have you made lasagna recently at your house?

    You have done an awesome job figuring out the answer to this colossal problem! Well done for writing down all of your working for this problem. I can see exactly how you have solved this problem. Did you enjoy doing few maths questions for this year of the programme? I really love teaching maths to my own class so I have enjoyed reading and see how other students have worked out this problem.

    Keep up the blogging, I hope I get to read more of your blog soon!


    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.