Friday 27 December 2019

The European Union and what's going on with it.

Image result for the euToday me and Granpa where just conversing over breakfast then somehow we started talking about Politics and then one thing leaded to another and I found myself watching a documentary called the Brexit. It was all about what the European union is and what it does.
I tried to take notes but halfway through I was getting tired of pausing the video and playing it back and the notes that I had recorded got deleted maybe because I didn't save them? (I'm still trying to figure out my new phone) So i'll try recall things from memory.
The European union is a group of 28 countries unified, It's supposed to be a democracy. But first we must understand what a democracy is.
Democracy comes from ancient greek. Demos means the people. Democracy is supposed to be that the people choose who becomes the leader. The elected official is supposed to serve the people not dictate them. In return they get a little bit of the power and the people can take it away from him anytime. At least thats the ideology of it.
The European union is made up of seven main istitutions which include, the European union parliament, the council of the European union, the european union council and the european union comission, as well as other seemingly pointless institutions.
The comission is appointed by the government and the members of the EU aren't recognized by most of the public. Not much of europe recognise their own politicians. *cough*mygranpadoes*cough* and don't get me started in the parliament.
Members of Parliament don't get a say in laws. This means they cant: Propose legislation, oppose legislation or even appeal legislation. They basically have to agree on everything the unelected comission says, and they get payed more than they should.
That's right people are getting paid in the EU more than they should. There is literally a mall for the people who work in the EU. If someone loses a comercial job outside of the EU they'll go to the EU and they'll become "an elite". And then their prices go up because the public have to buy things from this crappy company who's prices are higher than the quality of their products. It's not fair.
And don't get me started on the regulations. I found out that there are around 454 regulations for towels you wanna know how stupid that is. I actully can't say what word I should use to describe it but it starts with an R and its in one the the black eyed peas most famous party songs. You know what makes it even more dumb. There are around 36 regulations for radiators. Radiators. 36 for radiators and 454 for towels. How did they make it like that. It's stupid. Just plain dumb. Now britain is leaving because they want freedom to trade with whatever countries they want and I dont disagree.
The European Union doesn't seem to be doing much to help Europes Economy and It'd be better if it didn't exist.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bethan,

    What an amazing time you are having over there! It might be interesting now to read some arguments from the other side - the people who oppose Brexit. Not to change your mind, but to learn more about the debate. I've been interested to hear a lot of kiwi's discussing the issue over here, so I think I will have to watch the video you mentioned as I have definitely not read enough into it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethan, it's good to hear what Scotland and your Grandpa think. Is Scotland going to get independence in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bethan, it's good to hear what Scotland and your Grandpa think. Is Scotland going to get independence in the near future?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.