Tuesday 24 December 2019

A great time at the Hunterian.

The Hunterian is a museum in Glasgow University. A university I want to go to when I grow up. When we walked in there was a model of the area around Glasgow University and a stone slab people had put into a fancy and elaborately decorated chair.
The Hunterian was full of very interesting things like body parts in jars, some diseased and some preserved in top notch health conditions. It also had stuffed siamese twin animals. I saw a deer head with giant antlers I think it might have been a prehistoric ancestor maybe, or a deer with some sort of condition that made it really big. It also had some ancient roman artifacts such as peices of stone carved with latin enscriptions, roman pillars, roman jewlerry and roman tools, it was all very cool since I really like ancient civilizations. There was a section with minerals as well as artifacts from around the world. It was a truly interesting exhibit. They even had some Maori figures and Taonga. Once we had finished that exibit we went up the stairs and then we saw the works of a man who was influential in modern medicine I cant remember his name but if you visit the hunterian its up the stairs to the left of the second part of the place.  I looked at inventions by Lord Kelvin and if i remember correctly i noted down something about a tetrakaihedron which is like a way to equally store cells I'm pretty sure but forgive me if i'm wrong. Actually google it and then comment down below what it is, if i'm right comment that too. Once we had finished the exhibits we went to see the cloisters which where rapped with little lights and it was magical.
I hope you have a wonderful day and I miss everyone down in New Zealand.
Bethan

2 comments:

  1. Well, you might just be able to do that. Glasgow uni would be so much fun, but I hear Auckland uni is good too (and much closer to us - hint hint :) ) MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethan

    Great to see you posting about your experience in Scotland. The museum over there sounds interesting. I wonder how they came across the Maori figures and taoga? Take care.

    Mrs Lagitupu

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.