Saturday 6 January 2018

Summer learning journey: Day two: Activity 1

By the look of this Wharepuni I think it would have to be very big to fit in everybody in the village. My house has got a hallway that goes down most of the house and 6 of 7 of the bedrooms in the house the toilet is outside of my room and the bathroom is at the end of the hallway. When I look at the Wharepuni I think it reminds me of a Marae and a Marae is like a Maori hall. So I think that my house doesn't look like a wharepuni.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Bethan, thank you for completing another activity - it's awesome to see! I hope you continue to blog over summer.

    You've made some interesting comments about the similarities and differences between the traditional wharepuni and your own home. I like how you've spoken about the hallway, and the division of the space into rooms. It's great how you've also identified that your home is just for your family while a traditional wharepuni was for various people in the village.

    There are also a lot of exterior differences that you've spoken about. I am sure your home doesn't have carvings on the outside either.

    Do you think you could live in a traditional wharepuni?

    I don't think kids would have been blogging in the wharepuni.

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethan,

    Good question re do you think that you would be able to live in a wharepuni after living so long in a typical western house with seperate bedrooms, if you are lucky, and an internal toilet?!

    XX
    Mumma Jay

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.