Friday 7 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey: Day 1: Activity 1

Walt: share 3 interesting facts about New Zealand people

These are some interesting facts about New Zealand and its People. 

Fact 1: Today out of the 4.4 million New Zealanders 69% of Maoris are from Europe, 14.6% are Indigenous,  9.2% are Asian, and 6.9% are non Maori Pacific islanders

Fact 2: As well as bungy jumping, frozen meat and The Hamilton jet boat New Zealanders have made the tranquilliser gun, seismic 'base' isolators, electric fences, the fastest motorbike in the world, freezer vacuum pump, wide toothed combs and the electric petrol pump

Fact 3:Its reputed that 15% of NZ Families own their own boat.
______________________________________________________________


Task Description: For this task I made a new post on my blog. I went on this website and then I had to find 3 interesting facts about New Zealanders. I posted it onto my blog with a Title, Labels, a Task Description and a Walt.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bethan!

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey for 2017. I am so happy to see that you are blogging with us again this holiday! I really enjoyed reading the facts that you posted about New Zealand. I can tell that I am going to learn a lot through this programme. For instance, I had no idea that New Zealanders are credited with making the fastest motorbike in the world or wide toothed combs. I also had no idea that a New Zealander made the first ever 'freezer vacuum pump.' I have to admit that I've never heard of a freezer vacuum pump before. Do you know what it is? I'd love to learn more about it. Could you please tell me where you found these cool facts? Was it on a website?

    It's great to have you back again this holiday, Bethan. I can't believe that you've already posted 6 activity blogs. WOW! Way to go! We will look forward to reading them and to commenting on them over the next few days.

    Cheers :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.