Tuesday 15 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 3, Activities 1,2,3

The first activity was to find a bird that you really like from this website and then write about it on our blog. The bird I chose was the Kea which is my favourite native bird of New Zealand. The Kea is the only parrot that lives in alps. It is a very cheeky bird also. Kea unlike other animals and birds Like to go near humans and take things from cars and phones and other human possessions. They do this because they live in a pretty tough environment and they need to learn about things to test if they are safe or not. The Kea eats carrion, berries, nectar, insects  and other things. The Kea has green and brown feathers on its body, and has orange and blue feathers on the wings.

Image result for flying kea

The second task was to say what super power you would want ever. Mine would be shape shifting into any creature. I would like to shape shift because we have a lot of powers and abilities that normal superheroes do have for example: being a bird gives you the ability to fly and if you are a hawk or falcon or eagle you have good eyesight or if you are a cheetah you can run extremely fast. Another reason I would like to be able to shapeshift is because I would want to be my favourite animal.

The third activity was that we had to post a DLO of a Flying Animal. We had to have some attributed photos and a couple of facts. My attribution is below the poster I made.





























Attribution.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_flying_squirrel
https://earthnworld.com/top-10-best-flying-animals-in-the-world/

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Bethan:

    What a awesome and amazing post you made I really liked it how you described all of the creative details into a awesome and amazing story I bet in the future you would make incredible storys. My favourite one was about the squirrels,squirrles are not really my favourite animals but they way that you make your storys sound like is awesome.

    Keep up your creative work and don't give up"

    Your sincerely
    Precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Bethan,

    Wow Fantastic work! You are doing such an amazing job blogging in the holidays, so good job on doing this. You are doing so well and I can't believe how much you have currently done in just under a few weeks. I really loved reading more about Flying Squirrels, because I am not much of a fan of squirrles I think flying ones will impress me quite a lot more than on land Squirrels. I love the little descriptions on the side of the image as it was great to read more about them and get to know them a lot more better.

    Overall fantastic work, hope to see more blogging from you soon and don't forget to keep up the great work and hope to see you at school very soon.

    Would you like to see a flying Squirrel in real life?

    Yours truly,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bethan,

    This is Ms Nalder! I used to teach at Pt England School but now I work from home for the Summer Learning Journey so that I can also look after my little daughter Laila.

    How are you? Did you have another busy, successful year in 2018? I'm sure you did!

    I've just started reading your blog - wow! You have done some amazing work! I was interested to read that your favourite bird is the Kea. Lots of people don't like the Kea much because of one of the points you raised - they like to eat bits off your car! I remember seeing them do that when I was little and my family and I went up Mt Arthur near nelson. They are very cheeky birds!

    Well, I haven't seen any other students say that they would like to be able to shape shift as their superpower! What a clever idea! You might say this somewhere on your blog, but what is your favourite animal?

    I'm looking forward to reading more of you Summer Learning Journey blog posts!

    Best wishes,
    Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Bethan,
    You made a great poster about the "Flying" Squirrel, how amazing that this animal can glide?! I didn't know that! Also, it must be cool to have a very strong sense of smell to find food however, on the other hand it must be hard to smell bad smells such as rotten dead animals and so on. ;o) I am wondering if the squirrel also use the strong sense of smell to avoid predators too, what do you reckon?
    Keep up with your great work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.