Sunday 30 June 2019

Waiuku Forest Trail Running

Today Jayne, Justice, Roman, Kauri and I went on a 7 kilometre trail run in the Waiuku Forest. Before we started we were given instructions and I was nervous and excited. We started at the line and then we were off! It was a slow start and then we all sped up. Justice and Roman being the competitive speedy boys they are zoomed ahead and I went a bit ahead of Jayne and Kauri. But as I started to get a bit tired I slowed down and Jayne and Kauri caught up to me. So I ran with Jayne.

Around 2 kilometres to the end of the run I could see people running towards us with mud just covering their bodies. Me and Jayne were having a hard time figuring out whether we wanted to get muddy or not. I heard peoples' screams as they got covered in mud and decided I was going to save them. But I was the main person who needed saving. Before I came up to the mud I hesitated and then just decided to do the most fun thing. I ran two steps into the mud and face planted into the ground. My PALE PINK SHOES will probably never recover. RIP sports shoes.
One thing I know for sure is that I will never complain about the cross country again.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Bethan!

    WOW! What a crazy day you had. I enjoyed reading this blog-post as it was funny, entertaining and cool. I have never tried activitys like this but reading your blog post makes me want to give it a go! It looked like many people participated in this run. Were you cold when you got there? Did you enjoy your shower?! lol, I hope you had fun and this year at Cross Country I'll be checking if you complain again!

    Great Job Bethan :) Keep up your awesome blog-posts!
    Amelia

    PS: R.I.P Bethan's Pink Sports Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.