Monday 24 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1, Day 5 Activities 1,2,3

The first task is to say why I want/don't want Loggers in New Zealand. Stating two reasons why I would want them in New Zealand. I wouldn't mind having loggers in New Zealand within reason. As  long as they don't cut down any endangered tree's such as the Kauri tree. I want loggers in New Zealand Because wood is what we need to make a lot of materials like, chairs, tables,houses, and Paper. The second reason why i wouldn't mind loggers staying in the country Is because they are working hard and probably have been for a long time and if you just take away their jobs it'll just be harder for them to get another job and master it like they did with their previous one.
The second task was to write a letter to a friend or family member about what a visit to the tundra was like. I will write a letter to my friend Venice.

Dear Venice
I Have just gotten to the tundra, and its VERY cold. There's almost nothing around, Its really just snow. We have started learning about something called Permafrost. That's when there is a layer of the ground and it stays frozen over the entire year. Where here in the summer so it will be very short, the winter is very long and the summer is quite short. There are hardly any animals but there are some tundra wolves, and arctic hares. I wish you could have been with me on this trip.
Sincerely Bethan

The Final activity for the week is to write about life in New Zealand. I have to be sure to paint a picture in other peoples heads. New Zealand is a very nice place. I think it has the perfect mixture of all the seasons.When the summer is out that is when the beach is the best. And our largest city Auckland is quite a site with lots of towering business buildings and winding roads and streets. Many people go to Auckland city to eat at the restaurants and have delicious food.
In the summer during Christmas (yes you can have Christmas in the summer) you can often see families at the beach or having a Barbecue. The beaches in New Zealand are usually quite nice and most of the community is very friendly. The winter and autumn are usually the same the only difference usualy being that autumn is when the leaves fall off and winter is when there are usually no leaves. New Zealand is a great place.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Bethan,

    Thank you for sharing this blog post. You are doing a great job of the Summer Learning Journey so far. Keep up the awesome work!

    Activity 1: It is nice that you appreciate the hard work of loggers. Their work is very useful to most of us in day to day life. I am currently sitting on a wooden chair that was made when my Grandma was a kid!

    Activity 2: What a great letter you have written to Venice about your time at the Tundra. I can imagine that it would be very very cold there. Have you ever seen snow in real life?

    Activity 3: You did a great job of describing what New Zealand is like. I particularly like how you described what a Christmas in summertime is like because a lot of countries don't get to experience this. I personally love being able to celebrate Christmas in Summer because I love having picnics on the beach. Do you like going to the beach?

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Talk soon,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.