Wednesday 26 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey, Week 2 Day one, Activities 1,2,3

The First task was to take a photo of myself doing some of my favourite activities in the holidays and then to tell us what it is and why we love it. Below us in the picture on the left is me playing with my brother on the beach. I love to go to the beach because we have lots of fun swimming and playing in the water. Especially me I love the water.














The second activity was to list three people who you would want as your support crew for the Cycling race in Taupo. You have to list them down and then say why you would want them to be there for you.

The first one would be my dad because he would probably be there to help me train and he would like to watch me ride my bike in a biking race.

The second person would be my friend Venice because she is a great friend and very supportive.

And the third person I would like to support me is my brother Kauri because he likes to ride bikes a lot and he is very energetic and funny.

For the third task we were given five sentences related to fish some were true and some were false. My job is to say if they are True Or False.

Sentence 1. The oldest known living fish in the world is an Australian lungfish living up to 65. True

Sentence 2. Shark are the only fish that have eyelids. True.

Sentence 3. Starfish are a type of fish. False. Starfish are not fish, neither are Jellyfish.

Sentence 4.  Fish communicate with each other by making low pitched noise (eg Moans hisses. etc) True
Seantence 5. Fish ussually swim together in groups called classes. False. Fish swim in groups called schools.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Bethan,

    What an awesome job you have done with all three activities for Week 2, Day 1. I love the picture that you posted of yourself at the beach with your brother. It looks like you are having such a good time! I also love going to the beach and will spend as much time as I can there every summer. This year I am not able to get there as much as I would like because I am working with the Summer Learning Journey programme, however, I love my job so much that it doesn't bother me at all to miss out on some beach time.

    Speaking of beach time, I am planning to head out later this afternoon for a quick swim. I can see the sun shining through my window and it is inspiring me to get out and enjoy some fresh air with my family. It sounds like you would invite your family to come with you to the Taupo Cycle Challenge. That's lovely! Like you, I would invite people to join the team who were supportive, friendly, energetic, funny and familiar with cycling! Do you and Kauri go biking together sometimes?

    I was just given a bicycle, actually, for Christmas. I'm really excited about it because I haven't had my own bike for years. I used to cycle quite a bit but I gave my bike to a friend here in Auckland who needed it more than I did and hadn't replaced it. My partner, Andy, knew that so he surprised me on Christmas with my very own red mountain bike!

    I hope that you and your family are able to get out and enjoy the beautiful day!

    Blog with you again soon :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.