Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1, Day One, Activity 1,2,3

The first task in the summer learning journey is to list down three facts from this website and share three facts in my own words. Here are those three facts


  • When you are driving in New Zealand you always have to drive on your left.
  • 30% of New Zealand is forest and bush.
  • New Zealand is one of the three countries with 2 national anthems with epual status, God defend New Zealand and God save the queen.
I hope you enjoyed the blog post of three facts told in my own words.

The second task was to write down why I love my hometown. Here it is.

My City is Auckland but I live near Point England in the east side of the north island. I really like living there because it has a great school the gives children different opportunities, and the beach is so nice. The sand is nice and hot between your toes and the water is nice and calm and fun to swim in.

Task number three was to write down how to be cybersmart inside of a foot. Here it is.

3 comments:

  1. Morena Bethan

    I’m Izzy and I’m part of the Summer Learning Journey team. Well done on completing your first couple of activities. It’s a great start.

    You really put a lot of thought into making sure those facts were in your own words. Thank you! Do you know any other countries that also drive on the left? There aren’t many.

    Point England sounds so cool. I have only been there once to watch a friend play soccer. Maybe you have been to the field where they played? What kind of other things do you like to do in Auckland? What is your favourite place to visit?

    Keep up the blogging! Remember, the more activities you do, the more points you get. The more points you get, the more likely you are to win a prize!

    Have a great day,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Great stuff! Excited to (kinda) go on the Summer Learning Journey with you too. XXX
    Mumma Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Bethan and Mumma Jay,

      We are so excited to see that Bethan is back for another great summer of blogging! This year we have four full-time blog commenters working with the students from our Manaiakalani cluster schools. They are Sophie, Izzy, Lee and Patricia. I see that Izzy has already commented on this first activity. I am sure that the rest of the team will post comments on the other activities very soon. We have all read them and tracked them in our spreadsheet. We are now doing our best to catch up with our comments. The students are doing such a great job this year that we are finding ourselves busier than ever!

      Bethan, I am thrilled that you're back. I know that you will be a great role model for the other students and that you will do a lovely job with your activities. It is going be a great journey this year!

      See you online over the summer,

      Rachel :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.