Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1, Day Two, Activities 1,2,3

The first task for day two of the summer learnig journey week one was to say why you would want to go to Tane Mahuta, the giant Kauri tree in northland.

I would want to go there because it is an amazing marvel of nature and what it can do. The tree is very famous and I would want to go visit because its a really awesome tree and its amazing that its grown so big. It will also be amazing to go there with my family and friends to marvel at the amazing creation of nature.

The second task is to list three sports teams that have the word fern in their teams title, and post a picture of their uniform next to the list of sports names. After I do that I have to say what my favourite uniform is and why I like it the most.


  • Silver ferns
Image result for silver ferns NZ uniform
  • Black ferns
Image result for black ferns NZ uniform
  • White ferns
Image result for white ferns NZ uniform

My favourite uniform is the white ferns uniform because it has one of my favourite colours, and it looks original. It is not like the Black ferns uniform which almost looks exactly like the all blacks rugby uniform, and it isn't a dress like the silver ferns uniform (I have nothing wrong with dresses i love dresses just not dresses that look like they might show your bloomers). Plus the uniform looks really comfortable.

The second activity is a maths problem. The maths problem is 3ml times 365. I decided to work it out on my notebook and multiplied by cutting down the biggest variable into 300, 60, and five. I multiplied them by three one by one and got 1095.


3 comments:

  1. Cute maths calculation you have there. Not sure if anyone wears bloomers except babies. What are bloomers anyway? Baggy undies? Funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Bethan,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the SLJ team this year. Thanks for completing another day of activities!
    Week 1, Day Two, Activity 1: I like how you seemed very enthusiastic to visit Tāne Mahuta and also bring your family and friends with you. I have been there and I can tell you that this tree is really big and powerful! I can assure you that you will get inspired if you visit this amazing site, Tāne Mahuta will inspire you to believe your dreams and reach high for you goals just like this amazing endemic tree branches. For the future just try to be more aware of your vocabulary as in this piece of writing you used the word "amazing" three times.
    Week 1, Day Two, Activity 2: I totally agree with you as I think the white Ferns uniform is the most original, I liked it specially because it has the blue colour which is a bit more original than the others. You did explain your reasons well in this post, however, you end up writing more about the reasons why you didn't like the other two uniforms. Next time, try to focused more on justifying and explain your reasons regarding direct to the question asked which, in this case, was why you liked one more than the others.
    Week 1, Day Two, Activity 3: Well done on using place value to find the answer for this problem! Your picture provide a clear visualisation of your strategy to find the correct answer.

    keep up with the great work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.