Saturday 29 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey, Week 2, Day Two, Activities 1,2,3

For the first task we had to say whether we wanted to try out flax weaving. I think I would like to give it a try. I do a lot of things like origami and hang it on my ceiling so it would be nice to have some flax weaving hanging off my ceiling because flax weaving connects to my culture.

Image result for thorThe second task was to tell everyone about someone who you think is strong and tough and tell them why you think they're strong. I decided to go with Thor from the avengers. He is a very strong character not only because he can lift his awesome hammer mjolnir which means he is very strong and worthy. But also because he lost it all. He lost his family, his people and most importantly, He lost his girlfriend, and after he lost all of that stuff he was one of the people who came the closest to defeating Thanos. (by closest i mean he literally got his hammer into Thanos' chest.)

The Third activity was to choose two strange plants and list three different and similar things about them. I chose the Venus fly trap and the pitcher plant. The Venus fly trap and the pitcher plant both eat insects and small animals. They both attract their: The pitcher plant is an attracting colour and has an attracting smell, and the Venus fly trap has sugar lining its leaves. And the plants both digest the animals and insects they catch. The Venus fly trap only grows on the ground, whereas the pitcher plant hangs and grows from the ground. The pitcher plant has a juice to kill its prey and the Venus fly trap just squashes up its pray. You can find Venus fly traps in Eastern Carolia and you can find pitcher plants in South East Asia.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Bethan!

    My name is Daniel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey Program. Well done on completing all of the activities for day 2 of week 2. I think that you have done an amazing job so far! I also would have picked Thor - he's my favorite Marvel superhero and is very strong. I also love the fact that Thor's hammer, Mjolnir, acts like a boomerang as when he throws it (Mjolnir comes back to him). Just a reminder for next time, remember to double check your work as there are a few spelling and punctuation mistakes. Anyway, keep up the amazing work Bethan - I hope to see more posts from you soon!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethan,
    Thor is a great choice! Nice picture you have chosen too. Some of my favorite plants are also pitcher plants and venus fly traps. I struggle to keep them alive at wintertime. They are fun to watch do there thing. See ya later. Hope your holiday is being very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.